Last update: July 2018
Identity and contact details of Vester Business
VESTER BUSINESS, S.L.
Avinguda Cerdanyola, 92, Edificio Astrolabio Planta 2ª, Oficina 27
08173 – Sant Cugat de Vallès (Barcelona)
Mail for requests and queries on privacy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data we process and purposes of the processing
We process contact details and payment data if any of our clients, people attending to our courses, our web users and subscribers to our newsletters, for different purposes such as:
- answering your queries;
- rendering our services and managing the customer relationship;
- organizing events and training courses;
- distributing our newsletters and sending commercial information about our products and services.
We also process contact details (name, email addresses and telephone numbers) of the clients of those companies which products are marketed and distributed by Vester Business, for the sole purpose of fulfilling our contractual obligations as distributor, therefore including sending communications related to:
- price changes
- management, completion or confirmation of commercial transactions
- warranty information, product recall information or safety/security information
- factual information about ongoing use or purchase of a product, good or service offered under a subscription or membership
- delivery of products or services, including product updates or upgrades
- support emails
- service outage notices and other maintenance
We process personal data to the extent that at least one of the following applies:
- The data subject has given consent for one or more specific purposes, like for example for the subscription to our events or training courses (for instance on OPC Technology or OPC UA) or newsletters.
- Processing is necessary for the marketing of the products we distribute, or for rendering our services to our customers.
- Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations,
Recipients with whom we may share the personal data
We do not share the personal data with any third party, except:
- providers who help us to organize our events, or to distribute our publications, only to the necessary extent for those purposes; and
- companies whose products are distributed by Vester Business, only for fulfilling our contractual obligations as distributors and managing the commercial relationship with the buyer of the product.
Those transfers are always done with the appropriate contractual guarantees.
Data retention period
We only retain the personal data for the term of the commercial relationship with the customer.
Regarding the personal data of subscribers to our newsletters, we retain them for so long as subscription is in force and not cancelled by subscriber.
In both cases we also retain the data for the additional term as necessary to justify and/or be accountable for our services, which may depend on legal prescription terms.
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, including encryption of personal data, to help protect information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
Your rights as data subject
Data subjects can request access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
For those data subjects which processing is based on consent, the data subject can withdraw consent at any time.
When exercising their rights, data subjects can address their requests to Vester Business through the communication channels set out in this Policy.
Data Subjects also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection supervisory authority.